How Office Depot Europe is responding to COVID-19
We are helping all our customers with ordering products like hand sanitizers, toilet paper and other hygiene related products to ensure the health and safety of your employees. We have sufficient stock but, in order to help as many customers as we can, we can unfortunately not allow one single customer to buy our complete stock.
Our CEO is explaining the rationale of this decision below.
A message from our Chief Executive
I wanted to take this opportunity to let our valued customers and partners know how Office Depot Europe is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. Firstly, I want to reassure everyone that we are doing everything we can to protect our people and partners and to minimise the risk and disruption to our customers and company.
- We quickly activated our robust business continuity plans across all departments, which included reviewing our supply chain and home-working capabilities.
- We have a stockpile of products in our large distribution centres in the UK and Germany, as well as goods in transit at the moment so we can continue supply at present.
- Our procurement, supply chain and merchandising teams are working closely together to monitor and manage potential supply gaps and we will will seek alternative suppliers if our supplies are exhausted.
- In addition, we have identified additional staff who can step in if our distribution centres are affected by COVID-19.
- Our response is being coordinated by an internal team which meets daily to monitor, mitigate against and respond to the impact of coronavirus on Office Depot.
- We have restrictions on international travel in place for all our staff , have cancelled our attendance at conferences and postponed all but the most business critical training.
- We enhanced hygiene measures, cleaning regimes and provided clear and accessible advice at all our sites across Europe.
- Over the last 18 months, our significant investment in technology means we have been able to enable more homeworking for more of our people to minimise the risk of exposure.
What we will do next
In this fast-moving, unprecedented situation, we are continuing to plan ahead and monitor our performance to make sure we continue servicing our customers. We will continue to keep customers and partners updated. Thank you for your patience during this challenging time.
CEO, Office Depot Europe