This article provides a technical description and overview of the Horizontal Split Case pump.
- The pumps are non-self-priming, centrifugal volute pumps with radial suction and radial discharge ports and horizontal shaft.
- Suction and discharge flanges are PN 16 according to EN 1092-2 (DIN2501).
- The pump is long-coupled with a totally enclosed fancooled standard motor with main dimensions to IEC and DIN standards and mounting designation B3 (IM 1001).
- The mechanical shaft seal has dimensions according to EN 12756.
- The rotating assembly is dynamically balanced according to ISO 1940 class G6.3.
- Impellers are double suction providing long operating, corrosion free life. Impellers are constructed in ASTM B584 bronze and are hydraulically balanced.
- Grundfos HS pumps are available in three different variants:
- Pump with motor and base frame.
- Bare shaft pump with base frame.
- Bare shaft pump; ie pump without motor and without base frame.
- The split-case construction enables removal and dismantling of the internal pump parts, e.g. bearings, wear rings, impeller and shaft seal, without disturbing the motor and pipework.
- Replaceable case wear rings protect the pump casing while reducing maintenance costs and maintaining high operating efficiencies.
- Pump and motor are mounted on a common base frame in the form of a welded, steel C-channel profile.
- Bronze shaft sleeves protect the shaft and help with fixation of the impeller