Summer in San Diego means the temperature is rising and the kids are home from school, which can put more demand on our system to make energy. That means higher prices and increased risk of outages—but if you help us save money when the cost of energy is high, you can earn a credit on your bill.
How it Works
After you sign up, we install a AC Saver device on your central air conditioning unit at no cost. On select summer days, when electricity is at its peak, we activate the AC Saver device to cycle your central air conditioner "on and off" for a period of two to four hours.
AC Saver events are activated April through October. Events may be called for a total of up to 80 hours during the months of April through October, and they can be called every day of the week (excluding holidays). If you are currently enrolled in AC Saver, you can sign up for Event Notifications or update your contact information here.
Choose from Two Options
- Your air conditioning run-time is reduced by 50 percent of the hour previous to the conservation period.
- You’ll receive an annual bill credit of up to $41.40. Your credit is based on the size (ton) of your A/C unit. For example, if you have a 4-ton unit, your credit is $41.40 ($10.35/ton). See the FAQs below for information on tonnage.
- Your air conditioning is turned off for the entire duration of the conservation period (up to 4 hours).
- You’ll receive a $108 annual bill credit for each A/C (Monday - Sunday, excluding holidays). Your credit is based on the size (ton) of your A/C unit. For example, if you have a 4-ton unit, your credit is $108 ($27/ton). See the FAQs below for information on tonnage.
- A good choice for those who want the maximum bill credit and can tolerate warmer temperatures during the conservation period.
Questions or to See If You Qualify.
If you have questions or would like to see if you qualify, call Itron at 1-800-850-1705.
Not all participants will begin and end a conservation event at the same time. Actual start and end times may vary by 30 minutes.